Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Price Is Right

Barely Used London Fog Raincoat

1940's Vintage Crochet Tie, "The Original Skinny Tie"

Many people ask me how I price clothing. I have a couple of tactics. One is I look on sites like Ebay or Etsy to see how they are pricing an item. Sometimes a brand like London Fog (raincoat above) or the type of materials influence my decision. Also where the item is made is important. If it's made in China then it will be on the lower end but if its made in Canada or England I'll price it higher. The year is also important. If its from the 40's or earlier then the price will increase since it is harder to find items from those time periods like the tie pictured above. Sometimes shoppers don't think an item is worth what you are asking but if you have the justification for it then it goes a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment