Monday, February 2, 2015

Flo Mania

Boho Ethereal

I don't know what it is about flowers but I am a total sucker for them. Every time I see flowers, in a photo, on a piece of clothing or in a store...I can't resist. Anyways I found some fun facts about flowers that I thought I would share:

 Fun Fact 1# Roses are related to apples, raspberries, cherries, peaches, plums, nectarines, pears and almonds..... WTF?!

Fun Fact 2# Tulip bulbs were more valuable than gold in Holland in the 1600s.... In some way I wish this was still true ;)

Fun Fact 3# Tulip Bulbs can be substituted for onions in a recipe.... What the hell is with these tulip bulbs!!!

Fun Fact 4# The largest flower in the world is the titan arums, which produce flowers 10 feet high and 3 feet wide. The flowers smell of decaying flesh and are also known as corpse flowers.... Ok this one is creepy sorry!

Fun Fact 5# Dandelions might seem like weeds, but the flowers and leaves are a good source of vitamins A and C, iron, calcium and potassium. One cup of dandelion greens provides 7,000-13,000 I.U. of vitamin A.... Good to know.

----

Ok. I am going to stop.
 One of the many floral skirts in the shop now.


It seems flowers are magical or at least extremely useful. Maybe my obsession is warranted given that some of them are nutritious and can ward off everything with their horrible corpse smells!!! 



Kees Van Dongen (Dutch, 1877-1968), Lilas, between 1922 and 1932. Oil on canvas, 100.7 x 80.8 cm.







No comments:

Post a Comment